Children absorb information like sponges, learning through observations and experiences that will shape their lifestyle choices growing up. It’s important to get your kids involved in positive activities early on—especially those that promote physical wellness. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is an incredibly valuable practice for growing minds and bodies. At Monkey Bar Gym, we offer Gracia Barra Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for all levels and ages. With eight locations in Washington and more than 300 across the world, Gracia Barra has partnered with Monkey Bar Gym to provide the best training and facilities to unleash that fighting spirit.
Jiu-Jitsu provides many mental, physical and social benefits for kids that will provide value in their development:
- Fitness. Each class provides a full-body cardiovascular workout that is fun for kids—it won’t even feel like exercise!
Self-discipline. The martial arts element of jiu-jitsu is centered on self-discipline and internal awareness, a valuable skill for kids as they learn about themselves.
- Courage. Trying something new takes bravery. Getting kids out of their comfort zone builds courage, which eventually turns into confidence as they succeed along the way.
- Social skills. Although it’s an individual practice, jiu-jitsu classes are a team environment that includes partner work and mutual support. This is a great way for kids to make friends outside of school as they grow and learn with peers in a positive environment.
- Respect. Jiu-Jitsu teaches the subject to respect him/herself, the opponent, and the teacher.
- Critical thinking. The technical movements and strategies incorporated in jiu-jitsu take critical thinking to be executed properly and successfully.
- Goal-setting. The different levels of jiu-jitsu require goals to be achieved along the way, giving kids positive reinforcement as they reach new steps.
- Confidence. The supportive atmosphere and individual attention by jiu-jitsu instructors will build self-confidence in kids that may be more reserved or shy. Receiving positive reinforcement and achieving goals will boost their self-esteem, which will stick with them outside the gym in all walks of life.
- Self-defense. At its core, jiu-jitsu is a martial art. Kids will learn how to really protect themselves if ever needed in the real world.
- It’s fun! Above all, jiu-jitsu is a fun activity that is unique to other workouts and sports. They’ll love going to class with new friends and positive energy!
Monkey Bar Gym’s classes are supportive, non-competitive, and motivating. Give our jiu-jitsu a try! Click here to see our weekly Bellevue jiu-jitsu schedule.